Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Fiancè Visa - Pride Legal

California K-1 Fiancè Visa Law Attorneys for the LGBT Community

At Pride Legal, we are dedicated to helping you find an attorney who is the best fit for your legal concerns.

Get Your Free Consultation Today!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

K-1 Fiancè Visa Assistance for the LGBT Community

young female attorney | Pride Legal attorneys

What is the K-1 Fiancè Visa?

The K-1 Fiancè Visa applies to U.S. citizens who wish to bring in their foreign-citizen fiancè into the U.S. to marry, however the citizen sponsor must marry his or her fiancè within 90 days of arrival. If you do not get married within the 90 days, the visa expires. Once the marriage takes place, your spouse may apply for permanent resident status (LPR) and stay in the U.S. during the time that the application is being processed by the USCIS. The process to obtain a K-1 fiancè visa takes anywhere from 4 to 10 months.

Requirements to Apply for a K-1 Visa on Behalf of Your Fiancè

  • You must be a U.S. Citizen
  • You must have met your fiancè within the past 2 years at least once, in person
  • You and your fiancè must be legally free to marry (single or divorced)
  • You must meet the minimal financial requirements
  • You and your fiancè must seriously intend to get married within 90 days of your fiancè entering the U.S.

If your fiancé has children who are unmarried and under the age of 21, he or she may be eligible for a K-2 visa.

Fiancè Visa Application Process

  • Your U.S. Sponsor must file an I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancè, with the USCIS office closest to the area you live.
  • Once your case is authorized by USCIS, it will be sent to the U.S. consulate in your fiancè’s home country. Your fiancè will then be required to complete paperwork, produce police clearance from everywhere he or she have lived, take a medical exam, and attend an interview in the U.S. consulate.

If you or a loved one is seeking to obtain a K-1 Fiancè Visa, contact a Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Immigration Attorney today for a free case consultation. 

Pride Legal: Law at Your Command

For a free confidential case consultation call Pride Legal today:


Share This