Larceny is a Serious Charge. Find a Good Defense Attorney.
Larceny is the act of taking away another individual’s personal property illegally, ultimately denying the owner of its ownership. Larceny differs from theft or robbery because the property is originally given consensually, but is then not returned, continually deprived from the rightful owner. Larceny can be considered either a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the value on the item taken. Contacting a skilled criminal lawyer is the essential first step in defending yourself if you’ve been charged with larceny. Contact Pride Legal immediately if you have been involved in a larceny case and a local lawyer can help you defend your case. To prove that the defendant is, in fact, guilty of this crime, an attorney must prove that:
- The defendant took ownership of someone else’s personal property
- The defendant took the property without the permission of the owner
- The defendant took the property away from the owner with the intention of depriving or removing the owner’s possession permanently or for a long period of time.
- The defendant moved the property, no matter the distance, and retained it for a certain amount of time.
There are typically two types of larceny charges: Petit and Grand. Petit larceny is considered a misdemeanor, while grand larceny is considered a felony.
Petit larceny simply signifies illicitly taking property of smaller or lesser amount of money. Theft of $1,000 or below is considered a petit larceny in the state of California. On the other hand, grand larceny typically refers to amounts of money that are greater than $1,000.
If convicted as a first-time offender, the penalties you may face include:
- A maximum of 6 months in jail
- Fines of up to $1,000
- Or both
Experienced Larceny Lawyers Serving the LGBT Community
The larceny lawyers at Pride Legal in Los Angeles will thoroughly investigate your case and do whatever we can to fight for your rights. The more time you allow a criminal defense attorney to prepare for your case, the stronger your case will be. Facing a criminal charge like larceny is a serious offense. The attorneys at Pride Legal will aggressively work towards seeking the justice you want and deserve. Some of the claims we may use in your case include:
- A claim of ownership or right of possession
- The inaccuracy of fact or law
- Owner’s permission
- Intoxication resulting in a lack of intent to steal
Pride Legal is committed to doing what it takes to successfully represent you.
Contact a California LGBT Larceny Lawyer today through Pride Legal to receive a free case consultation.
PRIDE LEGAL: LAW AT YOUR COMMAND
For a free confidential case consultation, call Pride Legal today
888-789 PRIDE • 888-789-7743
or use the form below to submit your case online