Student Visa

Pride Legal - Attorneys for the LGBT Community

Student Visa Eligibility

If you are interested in studying in the U.S. as a full-time student, you must first obtain a student visa. Depending on the course of study and the kind of school you wish to attend, you may be eligible for either an F-1 Student Visa or an M-1 Student Visa. However, the following criteria must first be met:

  • You must be enrolled in an “academic” educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program
  • Your institution must be authorized by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program as well as Immigration and Customs Enforcement
  • You must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution
  • You must be proficient in English or be enrolled in English Proficiency courses
  • You must have the funds necessary to support your entire proposed course of study
  • You must keep a residence abroad which you have no intention of renouncing

If you or a loved one is interested in obtaining a student visa and have questions or concerns about eligibility, contact a Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Immigration Attorney today for a free case consultation. 


Follow Pride

Free Phone Consultation

Submit Your Case Online Now!

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Phone (required)

Your City & State (required)


Brief Information About your Case


Please input the verification code

Pride Legal Blog


For a free confidential case consultation, call Pride Legal today

888-789 PRIDE • 888-789-7743

Submit Your Case Online