LGBT Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in California
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be eligible for compensation. Contact Pride Legal today to get in touch with our network of LGBT Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys.
We understand how difficult times can be after a slip and fall accident. Let Pride Legal handle your slip and fall case so you can focus on your recovery.
Do not hesitate to stand up for your rights in the face of maltreatment. Get the compensation you deserve.
Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Accident
It is imperative to take clear photos of your injuries, the scene of the incident, and any other clues that may strengthen your case.
Seek Medical Attention
Even if you may not feel immediate pain after your injury, you should consult a doctor immediately. If left untreated, your injuries can severely worsen your injuries and harm you further. Follow your doctor’s treatment plan to ensure you have a steady recovery.
Eyewitness testimonies are often the most crucial evidence in personal injury settlements. With a third-party testimony, your case may be strengthened. Gather contact information from all eyewitnesses of the incident. If available, gather surveillance footage as well.
Keep a Journal
Write down all the information you can remember from the incident. In the time following the incident, keep a record of your pain, discomfort, and overall health. This can be used as evidence to strengthen your case.
Consult an Attorney
Due to the complexity of California’s personal injury laws, hiring an experienced, LGBT-friendly Pride Legal Personal Injury Lawyer is crucial. Pride Legal’s network of LGBT Slip and Fall Attorneys will reach the maximum compensation for your injuries and get you on the road to recovery.
Basis of a Claim
- The opposing party owed you a duty of care. For example, all areas within a supermarket must be danger-free.
- The opposing party breached the duty of care. For example, the left a puddle of oil on the floor with no warning sign.
- The breach of duty caused an accident. For example, Fred, a customer, did not see the puddle and slipped onto the floor.
- The accident caused you physical harm. Fred broke his arm as a result of the accident.
Without documented injuries, it is difficult to win a slip and fall case. If you suffered injuries (no matter how severe or minor) because of another party’s negligence, you have a viable slip and fall claim. In this case, Fred has a viable personal injury claim.
Additionally, it is imperative that you understand the circumstances in which an injured individual can file a lawsuit against a property owner. A slip and fall claim would generally be viable if the property owner or their employee:
- Intentionally or unintentionally created the dangerous circumstance, whether by spilling a liquid, damaging a sidewalk, or laying a damaged rug.
- Was aware of the danger and did not take any reasonable action to repair it.
- Was unaware of the danger, but should have been. The property owner or his employee was not thorough in his examination of the property, causing him to be unaware of the hazard, ultimately creating a dangerous risk.
The Value of Your Personal Injury Case
The value of a personal injury case depends on many factors. You may receive compensation based on the following factors:
- The severity of your injuries
- The injuries’ effect on your everyday life
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost Wages
- Future loss of income
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Punitive damages (Although compensation for punitive damages is rare, they are feasible in slip and fall cases. Punitive damages serve as punishment to the liable party for malicious or intentional torts.)
The value of your slip and fall case is dependent upon the severity of your injuries. For example, an individual who suffered from fourth-degree burns will be more likely to receive greater financial compensation than an individual who suffered first-degree burns. Consult Pride Legal’s network of LGBT Slip and Fall Attorneys to assess your slip and fall case.
Statute of Limitations
A statute of limitations stares the amount of time you have to file a case from the date of incidence. In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is 2 years. This statute of limitations is specifically placed on “An action for assault, battery, or injury to, or for the death of, an individual caused by the wrongful act or neglect of another.”
There are few exceptions that will extend a claim’s statutory deadline past 2 years. A California court may extend the statutory deadline under the following circumstances:
- The victim is physically or mentally incapacitated as a result of the injury
- The victim is under the age of 18. (Under this circumstance, the statutory deadline will commence once the victim reaches the age of 18.)
- The potentially liable party is a government agency (Under this circumstance, the statutory deadline is 180 days since the date of incidence.)
- The injuries manifested themselves after the incident took place (Under this circumstance, the statutory deadline will commence once the injuries are realized by the victim.)
Common Slip and Fall Locations
Slip and falls can happen almost anywhere. Negligent property owners may have unintentionally placed hazards that cause your accident, causing them to be liable for your injuries. In order to receive compensation for your injuries, you must prove a negligent party’s liability. In some cases, the injured individual is responsible for his or her own actions. The following are common locations of property owners:
- Department Stores
- Grocery Stores
- Parking Lots
These are not the only locations where slip and fall accidents can potentially occur. Schools, malls, airplanes, and other locations are common spots for slip and fall accidents. In circumstances that may potentially lead to an accident, it is imperative to be aware of your surroundings. Never assume that every area is danger-free.
Given the amount of slip and falls that occur in even the most innocuous of places, it is crucial that you avoid danger at all costs. Always watch where you are going and do not assume that every space is danger-free. Contact Pride Legal today to consult an LGBT Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
Depending on the circumstances, slip and fall injuries can have a severe impact on your overall well being. Elderly individuals are more likely to be severely injured in a slip and fall accident. Slip and fall accidents typically cause any of the following injuries:
- Aggravation of previous injuries
- Brain damage
- Broken bones
- Closed head injuries
- CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome)
- Damaged spine
- Hip damage
- Internal organ injuries
- Knee injuries
- Neck damages
- Nerve damage
- Puncture Wounds
- Spinal cord injuries
- Strained muscles
- Torn muscles
- Traumatic brain injuries
Regardless of your pain, seek medical attention immediately after your injury. The adrenaline rush the accident gave you may mask the pain for only a short period of time and trick you into thinking you are ok. If you wait to seek treatment, serious medical complications may ensue. Contact Pride Legal’s network of LGBT Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys today.
Individuals injured in slip and fall accidents must prove that a liable party’s negligence caused your accident. You and your slip and fall lawyer must establish that a property owner owed you a duty of care, the property owner breached that duty, the breach of duty led to your accident, and the accident caused you physical harm. If you can establish all of these statements, you may have a viable slip and fall claim.
Your health is the most important part of your slip and fall case. Victims of slip and fall accidents are often burdened by extensive medical expenses. In times of health dilemmas, medical expenses should not be on your mind. Let one of our experienced, LGBT-friendly slip and fall accident attorneys handle your cases and let you focus on your road to recovery. It is imperative to consult a Pride Legal LGBT Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in order to get you the compensation you deserve.
Important Steps to Take Following a Slip and Fall Accident
If you have been a victim of falling in a mall, grocery store, bar, defective sidewalk, or public premises, you have various options. The first step is to consult an experienced lawyer about your legal choices regarding the incident. Luckily, our network of LGBT lawyers in Los Angeles has dealt with many cases of this type and can help you pursue the litigation you deserve.
Important steps you should take following a slip and fall accident include:
- saving any footwear or clothing that you were wearing at the time of the incident
- seeking medical attention immediately if injured
- not providing recorded statements to insurance adjusters
- taking note of any spectators or witnesses
- taking pictures of the scene as well as injuries
- obtaining names of property owners and managers
- refraining from making any detailed statements regarding fault
If property owners take proper precautionary measures towards protecting potential visitors, slip and fall accidents can easily be avoided. At Pride Legal, our main objective is assuring negligent property owner take culpability for their actions, even if this means giving victims the financial compensation they deserve.
Have You or a Loved One Been Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident?
The attorneys at Pride Legal have assisted countless victims of slip and fall accidents to gain financial and medical reimbursement according to the costs of their injury. Slip and fall cases are nearly impossible to pursue, thus obtaining an LGBT attorney at Pride Legal is crucial as the first step to helping you fight for your legal rights.
Contact a California Gay and Lesbian Slip and Fall Accident Attorney today for a free case consultation.
PRIDE LEGAL: LAW AT YOUR COMMAND
For a free confidential case consultation, call Pride Legal today
888-789 PRIDE • 888-789-7743
or use the form below to submit your case online