Temporary Protected Status Representation for the LGBT Community

What is Temporary Protected Status?

The Secretary of Homeland Security may declare a foreign country for Temporary Protected Status due to dangerous circumstances in that country and USCIS may grant Temporary Protected Status to individuals who are native to that country because it is unsafe to return. An individual, however, cannot obtain Legal Permanent Resident Status underTemporary Protected Status. In order to register, you must file both Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status and Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.

Once the individual’s country returns to safety, the individual also returns to their initial status before Temporary Protected Status or any status he or she gained while under Temporary Protected Status. One can be ineligible to apply for the Temporary Protected Status program even if his or her native country is declared for Temporary Protected Status if he or she has been convicted of a crime or two or more offenses committed in the U.S., if he or she is a terrorist, or he or she does not meet the continuous physical presence and continuous residence in the U.S. prerequisites.

If you or a loved one are seeking temporary protected status or have questions regarding your options, contact a Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Immigration Attorney today for a free case consultation. 


For a free confidential case consultation, call Pride Legal today

888-789 PRIDE • 888-789-7743

or use the form below to submit your case online

Get the Latest Pride Legal News

Join our mailing list to receive the latest LGBT legal news and updates from Pride Legal. We will never spam you.

You have been successfully subscribed.