Consensual sex between same-sex couples is lawful [R1.1].
Christmas Island Act 1958
Section 8A Application of Western Australian laws
(1) Subject to this section, section 8G and Part IVA, the provisions of the law of Western Australia (whether made before or after this section’s commencement) as in force in Western Australia from time to time are in force in the Territory.
(2) To the extent that a law is in force in the Territory under subsection (1), it may be incorporated, amended or repealed by an Ordinance or a law made under an Ordinance.
(3) An Ordinance may suspend the operation in the Territory of a law in force in the Territory under subsection (1) for such period as is specified in the Ordinance.
(4) To the extent that a law is in force in the Territory under subsection (1), it has no effect so far as it is inconsistent with the Constitution or an Act or Ordinance.
(5) For the purpose of subsection (4), a law is consistent with the Constitution or an Act or Ordinance if the law is capable of operating concurrently with it.
(6) In this section:
“provision of the law of Western Australia” :
(a) includes a principle or rule of common law or equity that is part of the law of Western Australia; and
(b) does not include an Act or a provision of an Act.
Section 8E Application of Commonwealth Acts
(1) An Act (whether passed before or after this section’s commencement) extends to the Territory of its own force except so far as the Act or another Act expressly provides otherwise.
(2) Except as provided by this Act, an Ordinance has no effect so far as it purports to affect the application of an Act in or in relation to the Territory.