Arson Defense Attorneys in California for the LGBT Community
What is Arson?
Arson refers to causing a fire or burning any building, forest, land, business, or residential area and is considered a crime when one sets a fire due to reckless behavior. In order to prove arson, one must provide proof of the burning and that the fire was caused on the basis of criminal behavior.
Those who are accused of arson may only be prosecuted based on the severity of the offense as well as his or her intentions. Prosecution can range from enormous fines to the extremes of death penalty if the arson has caused the death of another person.
In California, penalties for arson include the following:
- Arson causing considerable bodily injury will result in imprisonment for 5, 7, or 9 years
- Arson of inhabited areas will result in 3, 5, or 8 years in prison
- Arson of an uninhabited areas or forests will result in 2, 4, or 6 years in prison
- Arson to one’s personal property will result in 16 months, 2 years, or 3 years in prison
Further penalties may include:
- An additional 3, 4, or 5 years of imprisonment if an arson violation had previously been committed
- An additional 3, 4, or 5 years of imprisonment if the person caused considerable bodily injury to a peace officer or firefighter
- An additional 3, 4, or 5 years of imprisonment if more than one structure was burned
Whether you are accused of a misdemeanor that will result in slight charges or more grave felony charges of arson, a skilled and knowledgeable attorney is necessary. At Pride Legal, we are aware that California is a state where innocent people get convicted for crimes they did not even commit. California is subject to fire hazards, which increases the probability of an innocent person getting accused of arson. Although some people actually commit arson for the adrenalin rush or to witness havoc break out in communities without giving thought to the dangers or consequences, there are many fires that often begin inadvertently.
At Pride Legal we are committed to helping those within the LGBT community by referring you to a qualified lawyer who can help alleviate or dismiss the charges on a case-by-case basis. The attorneys at Pride Legal understand all of the necessary elements of the crime and are able to analyze whether the prosecution has all the evidence for the crime.
Some legal defenses that the attorneys at Pride Legal will use for an arson case include taking the position that:
- The fire was set by accident
- Someone else actually set the fire
- The accusation is deliberately false
- There is a lack of evidence to prove arson
If the components are not complacent, an experienced attorney can work to get the charges dismissed. However, if the elements are all satisfied, a qualified attorney can work for a conviction on a lesser offense or attempt to mitigate the sentence.
Pride Legal’s Arson Attorneys Will Help Put Out the Fire
The first and most important step in dealing with a case like arson is contacting a skilled attorney. The attorneys at Pride Legal have successfully worked with arson cases in the past and are willing to assist you in your fight for freedom. The faster you call Pride Legal, the faster we can help you give the rights you deserve. As a strong network of attorneys, we are devoted to educating you regarding your options, keeping you informed throughout the legal process, and most importantly, acquiring excellent results.
Have you or someone you care about been accused of arson? Contact a California Arson Defense Attorney at Pride Legal today.
PRIDE LEGAL: LAW AT YOUR COMMAND
For a free confidential case consultation, call Pride Legal today
or use the form below to submit your case online